Thursday 20 July 2017

Berry


Tonight’s the very last episode of my favourite new series. I can’t wait for the final battle of the Hopkins between the Ronalds. Last episode was pretty excellent. Every line they used, every camera angle they filmed the scenes, it was so perfect.

In a few minutes, it’s going to start. I got 6 cans of coke on my right, 2 packs of Doritos on my left and a very comfortable couch on my bottom. I also brought a blanket, just in case it gets cold here.
It’s started to rain outside. I had to increase the volume of the television so I could listen clearly. I had to get up and manually increase the volume beside the television. The remote for it got lost since last month. When I set the perfect volume, the show started. I quickly ran and jumped back on the couch.

As I was smiling when listening to the introduction music of the series, the house phone rang. I let out a loud sigh, got up, walked to the phone and answered it.

“Hello?”

While I was answering the phone, I also simultaneously tried to watch the show.

“Thank god you answered...”

I immediately ignored the show and concentrated more on answering the phone.

“Oh hey, what’s up?”
“Can you please pick me up? I’m having issues with family and I can’t handle it anymore. I just want to get out of here.”
“Oh alright, sure. I’ll be there in a few.”

She hung up the phone. I turned off the television and went upstairs. I put on whatever looks good and went back downstairs. I went back to the living room, grabbed my jacket, and went outside. I ran to my car, but I forgot my car keys. I went back in and tried to find it. I searched the living room, beneath the couches, under the cushions, in my room and couldn’t find the keys.

“For fuck’s sake, I’m already late!”

The house phone rang again. It’s probably her, I bet she’s going to ask where I am. I answered the phone.

“Hi, I know I’m late and I’m sorry, but I couldn’t find…”
“It’s okay, I’m outside already. I called a cab. Hurry.”

I opened the curtains and I saw her standing alone outside in the rain, shivering. I hurried myself outside and gave her my jacket. I brought her inside.

“Thank you.”
“So sorry you had to come here all by yourself.”
“I told you, it’s okay, at least I got out of there. I’m sorry I called, I hope I didn’t ruin your evening.”
“Oh, not at all. I was about to watch the last episode of a series, I can watch it next week.”

She was still shivering.

“Hey, let’s get you some dry clothes.”
“Please.”
“Just go upstairs, and go to the right. You can wear my clothes.”
“Okay. Thanks.”

She went upstairs and I went to the kitchen. I made hot chocolate for her.

I went upstairs and she was wearing one of my hoodies. She looks gorgeous in it because it’s oversized for her.

“Sorry. This is the warmest I can find.”
“It’s okay. Here, I made you this.”
“Thank you.”

“What’s up?”
“My parents and I had different opinions on some things and we started to argue and yell at each other. I’m sorry. I can’t talk about it now.”
“Hey I understand. I’m here for you if you’re ready.”

She finished the hot chocolate and lied down on the bed.

“Come here.”



I didn’t mind, so I lied down beside her. We spent the rest of the night talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment