Monday 22 August 2016

Butterflies

            Never have I ever felt so happy yet full of doubt at the same time; full of butterflies in my heart, like someone is cuddling with it with a knife in their hand. I don't know whether they are trying to protect it, or tear it open.
            I wrapped myself like a burrito with my bed sheet. I grinned from ear to ear, and laughed uncontrollably like a psychopath when I felt it. If anyone could see me that time, surely they will think I am one. They will probably try to avoid me if I'm around.
           Come to think of it. If I saw myself, I would look like a caterpillar; being excited turning into a pupa after eating so much, then turn into a butterfly. A majestic, fabulous butterfly.
            I couldn't think of a reason why I felt like that yesterday night. My mind was filled with curiosity which led to many confusions. I couldn't think straight, and I was unable to sleep. I tried to distract myself; I watched television, and listened to music, but none of them worked.
            It's difficult to describe what I felt yesterday night. I felt like I was overwhelmed with hope, but something kept telling me that that's not it.
            It's like I was in a blender, drizzled with happiness, sadness, anger, tender and excitement all at once, then someone switched it on, which made me had a mixture of feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment