Monday 22 August 2016

Origin of the Pendejos



            Before you proceed with this post, read the first post about this: The Pendejos.     

            Let’s see if I remember how I met these awesome fools. Who should I start with? Al, Berry, Adam or Holmes? But before I do, I’m glad I met these guys. Seriously. If it wasn’t for Berry, for sure I will be alone and awkward around people. If it wasn’t Al, my life at home would be boring. Normally during the holidays, Al would come to my house. I swear, my holidays could’ve gone boring if I didn’t know Al. If it weren’t for Adam, I wouldn’t have anything to prove. Sometimes around him, I feel like I have to impress him in order to gain his respect, and I’ve done a lot of cringe, impressive things. Thanks to him, and we are both weirdly competitive; we would try to win over something, and that something can be anything. Debate, games, education and etc. And lastly, Holmes. Once, he called himself, ‘Holmes the Funny’ because he always makes stupid, silly and rude jokes. I would laugh my ass off. Even if the jokes weren’t funny, I laughed because it was super cheesy and lame. If you fools are reading this, let’s hope I won’t embarrass you. Moving on! Love, Scharf.
            Let’s start with Berry, because I met him first before the others. We met in a private elementary school, but we didn’t have the same class throughout the whole year. So you might be wondering how I met this fool. Well, we met in a tuition class. Every weekend, we have this best tuition class. The teacher was the best teacher ever. She taught us Geography, Mathematics, Sciences and English language. Because of the teacher, I managed to get 4 A’s from all those subjects. The grades were needed so I could go to middle school. Anyways, Berry and other friends were there in the tuition class. That was the reason why I wanted to go, because my friends were there! I study better when I’m with my friends! If the teacher asked a question, we would try to shout out the answer and see who got it right. My friends were my motivation. Ever since then, Berry and I were friends.
            Berry and I got the same grades, 4 A’s and 1 B. We weren’t able to go to the well-known science middle school because the required grades were 5 A’s. Sad, but we both received a letter to come to this all-boys middle school. At first, I didn’t want to, because I heard rumors about the teachers there weren’t good, the students would fail their exam and such. The school was also known because of their gangster-like reputation. So I was reluctant to go there. My dad and uncle told me not to worry. After a lot of thinking, I decided to go to the middle school. What’s my reason? Back then, I was selfish. My reason was, since the students there weren’t so bright, if I go there, I might be the smartest one. Oh boy, I was so wrong. There were 3 ‘advance’ classes when I went to the school, and by ‘advance’ I mean smart. Berry and I were in a different class during the first year there. So I didn’t know anyone in my class that time.
            And that’s how I met Al and Adam. They were in my class during the first year in the all-boy middle school. When I first met Al, I disturbed him by glaring his eyes with the sunlight using my ruler when he was having a conversation with his friend. I don’t fucking know why I disturbed him. Seriously. I was so rude and annoying back then. Luckily, Al wasn’t pissed. A few weeks after that, Al’s table and mine were adjacent. And since then, we were friends.
            Adam and I didn’t know each other until we found out that we have the same class in an afternoon school. In the afternoon, it’s compulsory for us to go afternoon school. First day of the middle school, the same day I disturbed Al, Adam sat at the very side of the class. But the next day, after he knew I was in the class as him during the afternoon school, he stole a seat next to me, so he could be with me. The other guy had to find someplace else to sit. And a few days after that, we became friends.
            The first year was a long, awesome year. During the second year, our class was removed from the school, maybe because not enough teachers. So we had to be placed in the other 2 ‘advance’ classes. Some of my friends were divided between the two classes, but luckily Al and Adam were in the same class where I was, and I was in the same class with Berry! But I wasn’t close with him like I was close with Al and Adam.
            I met Holmes during the second year, he was in the same class. We didn’t know each other until a few months later, where I found out that he play this game called, ‘RuneScape’ and I added him on Facebook. When I added him, my Facebook profile picture was a picture of the game. I was so cool back then. I edited every character in the game and place them in one picture and used it as a profile picture. My friends from my previous school would say, “Woah! Cool profile picture Scharf!” and I would be like, “I know. I know.” Yeah, not so cool now, because come to think of it, it was super lame. I can’t believe I did that. Well, we all have cringed moments during our early teenage years. Admit it. Anyways, Holmes saw my profile picture and when we met in school, he came to me and said, “Hey, you play RuneScape? I play RuneScape too. My username is…” Gosh. We were geeks, and we thought we were cool back then. Playing the same game back then was considered cool.
            During our third and fourth (last) year in the all-boys middle school, all of us were still in the same class, but my friendship with Berry and Adam weren’t close like my friendship with Al and Holmes during that time. Holmes got extra funnier, Al and I were getting very close, almost every day he would come to my house, not just during the holidays, but also during school term! During our last year, we cherished our moments together and after that, we never met each other ever again.
            Psych! We all went to the same high school. I don’t know why I wanted to do that psych thing. What’s wrong with me? See, I told you I’m the weird one among them. Anyways, during the first year of high school, Holmes and I created a group, just for ourselves. We did this because in the middle school, Berry, Al, Adam and another 2 of their friends made a group, just for themselves. I forgot what it’s called. 5 Hamigos was it? I’m not sure. We were a little jealous. So Holmes and I made a group for us for fun, and we wanted the name to be like Hamigos, so we used Pendejos.
            Somehow the group was so active! Sad that it was only Holmes and I. When Al found out about the group, he begged us because he wanted to join. Like I said, we, Pendejos, are idiots, assholes and/or fools. So we made a foolish game. In order for Al to join the group, we dared him to do something humiliating and once he done it, he can join the group. Little did he know that once he’s in the group, we would leave the group, so Al would be alone. We were an asshole and a fool to Al. We laughed so hard. Al took it seriously. Al was so pissed, he shouted, “If this is how you guys really treat me, then fuck you guys!” We were really guilty about it, so we created the group back and invited him. We apologized to him many times and told him that it was just a prank. Al understood and laughed along with us. Holmes and I didn’t want our friendship with Al destroyed.
            We did the same thing to Berry and Adam when they found out we were in a group. Berry was clueless and nice to us when we did the same thing to him like we did to Al. But Al, Holmes and I laughed anyway because how Berry was so clueless that he doesn’t realize it was a prank. Adam took it seriously like Al did. He partially ignored us for a few days, but then eventually we were all right.
            Ever since then, we called ourselves the Pendejos, and we got much closer. They became my best friends, and I’m so glad that I met them. I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for them. Seriously.
            Since we went to all-boys middle school for 4 years, we were awkward around girls in high school during the first year. Berry and I thought that going to an all-boys middle school was a regret, because we were really awkward when talking to girls. We were used to talking to guys during middle school. Not because we are gay, it’s because we are stuck there for four years. We didn’t know our social skills talking to girls were disappearing.
            But if it wasn’t for that middle school, I don’t think I could be in high school and have the greatest fools (friends). All in all, things turned out well. All of us are still close friends. Scientists said that friends that lasted 7 years will last a lifetime. Let’s hope that happens.
            Who’s the weird one now Berry, Al, Adam and Holmes? Huh?! Yeah. Still me. Love, Scharf.

Stay-tuned folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment