Sunday 22 May 2016

Social news



          I’m on every social media I have an account for. Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook, Ask.fm, and Instagram. I’m checking all of them; the tweets, posts, statuses, pictures and questions in my timeline, and I wondered, without social media, how can people all around the world know what’s going on around the world? Like let’s say if there’s a war for example, between country A and country Z. The other countries, such as B, C, D, X, Y and more alphabet countries, would know if there’s that war A and Z are having. The news will spread so slowly until one of the countries accidently dropped a bomb in an innocent alphabet country. With social media, anyone in the world can know what’s going on with the world within a blink of an eye. Just search it in search engines like Google and bam! Billion results found less than 1 second, that is related with what people wanted to search on. Thank you technology!
          Just received a notification in Ask.fm.

“Kathy, what colour do you like the most?” A friend of mine asked in Ask.fm.
I answered, “I like the colour pink. No, wait. I don’t like pink. I love them. I even make my MacBook pink.”

          I’m at my favourite café, where I usually spend my afternoons here, drinking coffees, eating the best pies in the world, and listening to the jazz music. Oh my god, the jazz music here is so relaxing. The way the piano and trumpet combine. I’m in love!

          Just received another notification, but this time it’s from Facebook.

“How are you holding up, Kathy?” My mum asked.

          My mum just joined Facebook few weeks ago, and requested me to be her friend. Obviously I have to accept it or else my mum would think I have something that I would hide from her. I let my mum know every single thing. My problems, where I go, what I want to do, because I know she cares about me. That’s why I love her and tell her everything. Even if I have a boyfriend, I would tell her straight away.

“I’m fine, mum.” I replied.
“Haven’t you heard?”
“About what?”
“About your best friend, David.”

          David is a best friend of mine. We met when we were 7. I was being made fun of by the other girls at my school. They would call me names, insult me, and they make me sad. One time, they made fun of me so hard, I cried, and that’s where David came and rescued me. He told the girls to stay away from me or else he will put his chewing gum on their hair. David back then used to have a chewing gum. He said he chews gum because he’s embarrassed if people think his breath stinks. Since then, the girls stopped bullying me. They’re afraid that the gum would stuck on their hair and the only way to get it out is to cut their hair short.

“No, mum. Why?”
“Your best friend since you were 7.”
“Yeah mum, I know. What happened?”
“He died last night at midnight. It was a heart attack.”

          My heart dropped as soon as I read that text. I couldn’t believe it. I even thought this might be a prank that my friends would do to me, but none of my friends like to my death pranks, and this is from my own mum. I cried a little.
          After all of that, I couldn’t wait in the café any longer. So I decided to pack my things. I have to visit David’s parents, because I want to be there with them for him, like David was there for me when we were 7. So I pack my things as fast as I could.
          While I was packing my stuffs, there were these teenagers in the café, 2 of them were fighting and the other tried to stop, but somehow joined in the fight. They were arguing with each other, proving each other’s point, saying that they’re right and their friends are wrong. Everyone in the café got distracted by them. I admit it they were loud, but I wasn’t distracted by them. I was distracted because of what my mum told me. There were also these couples, who couldn’t find any seat at all. So I better just go and give this table to them.
          Got out of the café, and went to my car. Threw my bag on the passenger seat and off I go to David’s house. I’m on my way to your parents David, so I can be there for them, like you’ve been there for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment