Saturday 21 May 2016

The witching hour



        Here I am, laying down on the grass. Viewing the sky as the clouds go by. Enjoying this calming moment, with my crush beside me. I think I'm going to ask her out. For your information, I've been her friend since we were 7. When I was 12, I started liking her, because she's my everything. She has always been there for me, when I'm happy and sad.


        Ever since I liked her, I tried asking her out, but none of them was the right moment. I even planned out the conversation if we go out, the things I would say if she says this or that, both normal and awkward conversations. I've been trying for 4 years, so I'm hoping I have the confidence now to ask her out. 


        "Kathy, would you like to go out with me?" I looked at her and asked.

            She looked back, smiled.

        "Sure. I would love to."


         I stood up, offered my hand to her. She held my hand and I helped her stand up. We both walked out of the park, holding each other’s hand. We both crossed the road to get to this wonderful café; we could drink coffee, eat the best pies and enjoy the moment. But a truck ran over us. That was when I woke up, and realized it was just a dream.


          I woke up in a sweat, and everything was dark. My brain felt like its been knotted repeatedly. I barely remembered that I went out with my best friend a few hours ago. We went skateboarding and after that we went into a pub and got drunk, and when I got home, I went straight to bed. I was too drunk to switch off the lights and didn't even change into my pajamas. I laid down on my bed for a few seconds, and slept like a baby. 


        I looked at my wrist, hit the light button on my watch and it see what time it was. It was midnight. I wondered why it was so dark and hot and why I was sweating so much. I didn't even turn off my air conditioner when I got home. Then I realized after a few minutes,  the electricity was out.


        I'm only afraid of the dark when I'm in the dark for too long. And it was already too long; my heart raced. I jumped off my bed, tried to find a way out. Too dark. So I went into my emergency drawer, where I put my first aid kit, torchlight and other things. Before I reach the drawer, I hit something on my wrist. Probably that stupid table I forgot to put back to its spot when I was vacuuming.


        I reached the drawer, took the torchlight out and switched it on. Too bad it was out of juice, but luckily I had another spare of batteries in the drawer. I replaced the torchlight's battery and switched it on. The light wasn't radiant enough, but I was so happy that I could see things.


       I hover the light around to find a way out and I saw a girl in a bloody white dress with long hair all over her face, standing by the door. My heart stopped and that's how I died.


No comments:

Post a Comment